In building a successful social media marketing strategy, getting verified is very important.
You might want to get verification which is a little checkmark next to the profile name (your account or business account), it is very important.
In my article, I’ll be explaining to you how to get verified on some social media accounts.
WHAT DOES A VERIFIED SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNT PROVIDE?
A verified social media account provides instant social proof and gives you credibility when people look up to you or your business online.
Verification on social media will also help you with networking and push your company to your industry’s forefront as a trusted option.
One thing you should know is, getting verified on social media can be a challenge because it will take some time, but it worth the wait.
Okay, you have tried to become verified a long time ago and you were rejected, don’t be discouraged, let’s try this.
1. HOW TO GET VERIFIED ON FACEBOOK?
Do you want to get your personal Facebook page verified?
Then follow the following steps below;
- Ensure that your Facebook page is updated.
- You must add a recent profile picture and ensure your profile information is all filled out.
- Ensure you have a regular post for a consistent amount of time before trying to get verified.
- Make sure your account is authentic, unique, complete, and notable, according to Facebook.
- After the following steps said earlier, head to Facebook’s Request a Blue Verification Badge Form.
HOW DO I REQUEST A VERIFIED BADGE?
1. According to Facebook, you can pull up the verification request contact form.
2. Choose your verification type and select the account. Either page or profile.
3. Select your account category for the page or profile to be verified.
4. Upload Identifying documents.
If your account represents a single person (like “Damilola Adefokun, Public Figure”) or it is a personal profile, you need to upload a government-issued ID that shows both your name and date of birth.
You know what?
Ensure you have a digital copy of your ID since Facebook will use this upload to verify that it’s you.
5. Explain why you are seeking verification.
Mind you, there must be a legitimate reason for pursuing verification and the reason why it is justified.
6. List other social media accounts and additional comments (Optional).
7. Submit and Wait.
Your request will be processed by Facebook within a few days or weeks, so patiently wait for their reply.
HOW TO BECOME VERIFIED ON MY FACEBOOK BUSINESS PAGE?
If you have a Facebook page for your business, then you can get Business verified too.
Business Verification on Facebook confirms the account belongs to a particular business.
To get verified, follow my guide below;
- Head to your Business Manager and look for security settings.
NB: Your business might not need to be verified if you are not eligible.
For instance, if what you use to pay for ads is Monthly Invoicing, then you won’t have to submit any documentation.
- When you get to Security settings, click on the Confirm Identity button.
- Submit a photo ID or upload the requested documentation.
- Enter your business details and select your business from the list.
- Select a phone number you can access from the list provided or select the Use Domain Verification button.
Note, you can even select to have the verification code delivered by text or email.
Expect to hear back from Facebook about verifying a business page within a few days.
Notification will be sent to you on your personal Facebook page when it has been approved.
2. HOW TO GET VERIFIED ON INSTAGRAM?
Among all social media platforms, Instagram is one of the most selective platforms when handing out verified badges.
If you want to get verified on Instagram, follow these steps below;
1. Log into your Instagram account.
2. Tap the menu icon in the top right corner of your profile.
3. Click the settings gear icon at the bottom of the screen.
4. Tap Account.
5. Tap Request Verification.
6. Confirm your Identity by filling in your Instagram account name.
Also, Full name as it appears on your government-issued identification.
In the column where you will see known as and it could be your name or even nickname.
Choose your category and upload a copy of your government-issued photo ID or an official business document (driver’s license, passport, or national ID card).
Note, ensure the name on your document matches the name you entered above.
7. Tap Send.
After reviewing your application, Instagram will notify you whether your request is approved or denied.
There is no specific timeline for how long the process takes.
Let me tell you this:
If you have a relatively huge amount of followers, it is probably easy for your page to get verified on Instagram without having to do anything.
And if you are not, it is time to focus on these for the main time;
- Start building your followers and posting engaging images.
- Add as much identity-supporting information as possible to your profile to make it appear and official. Even though you don’t have a checkmark yet.
3. HOW TO GET VERIFIED ON TWITTER?
Verification on Twitter means an account of public interest.
So if your account does not fit into key interest areas, trying to verify it is pointless.
If your account fits into, Twitter will give you verification tips to increase your chances of getting verified.
Read the tips below;
- A verified phone number
- A confirmed email address
- A bio
- A profile photo
- A header photo
- A website
- A birthday (if your account is personal)
- Tweets set as public in Tweet privacy settings
After meeting all these criteria, submit a formal verification request and be sure to fill out the form.
Also, include some backstory in 500 characters or less. Letting Twitter know the reason why your account needs verification.
Don’t forget to provide some website links that back up your claims.
Expect to hear back from Twitter within a week.
4. HOW TO GET VERIFIED ON YOUTUBE?
Both the YouTube account and YouTube channel are two different things entirely when getting verification.
Follow me on the journey and get to know the differences.
VERIFYING YOUTUBE ACCOUNT
If you want to verify your YouTube account, it can be done when you make an account.
Don’t forget after creating a YouTube account, YouTube will remind you at the top of your video manager page to give you a phone number to tie to your account.
Yes, you have done this.
Then YouTube will send you a verification code that you can enter in to prove that your account is real.
After completing the steps, you will get to enjoy the following additional features I’m about sharing with you;
- Upload longer than 15 minutes
- Add customized thumbnails to your videos
- Live stream
- Appeal content ID claims
VERIFYING YOUTUBE ACCOUNT
This is the big little check mark placed next to a YouTube channel name.
To get this checkmark, you will need at least 100,000 subscribers and then apply for verification.
After looking at your channel, knowing fully that it is authentic and complete, then you will be given the verification badge.
5. HOW TO GET VERIFIED ON LINKEDIN?
The LinkedIn verification process works a little bit differently from Facebook.
Although LinkedIn is like Facebook of the professional world.
LinkedIn hands out checkmarks on the LinkedIn Lookup app.
This checkmark is very easy to get.
What you have to do is to request verification from LinkedIn and wait for a four-digit code to be sent to your business email address.
Enter the code into LinkedIn Lookup. Immediately, you are verified.
Which other social media platforms do you think you need to get verification for? Kindly drop your comments below.