Have you heard about PayPal before?
And do you really want to know what it is all about?
Lucky you, I will like you to journey with me into how to open a PayPal account and also verify even here in Nigeria.
PayPal is the world’s first online money transfer platform.
It is used by millions and trillions of people in the universe to send and to receive money.
With this, you can easily send or receive fund from different people across the world.
It is made in a way whereby, you can only pay out, probably to buy products or checkout on websites.
But one thing is, your account is limited to receiving of payments.
According to research, PayPal was shut down in Nigeria due to internet fraudulent but now, it has lifted restrictions on Nigeria due to the improvement in fraud detection techniques.
And if you wish to own a PayPal account, it is very easy and simple to create.
You are safe with Opening a PayPal account because it doesn’t share your full financial information with your sellers.
I will be explaining to you on how to open a PayPal account in the few ways.
But before sharing with you on how, kindly take note of the necessary requirements.
Requirements for Opening and Creating a PayPal Account in Nigeria are;
1. A valid email address
2. A visa or MasterCard only linked to your Nigerian bank account.
Now, you can decide to open a PayPal account through PayPal Website.
Follow these steps below;
1. Search or visit their official site www.paypal.com/ng
2. Click on signup and then select any of these accounts (personal or business).
3. Click personal if this is your first time. By clicking on personal, it means it will be for your personal debit card.
4. Now, you have selected personal, then click on continue.
By clicking on continue, you would see “Nigeria” in the drop down area, your email address and password.
5. It is time to fill in your email address; it could be @yourbusinessname.
6. Type in preferable password and ensure you won’t forget it.
7. On the next page, type other details including your names, date of birth, address and phone number.
8. When filling in your address, ensure that it corresponds with the same address details you filled when opening a bank account.
9. After the above step (8), it will launch you into a page where you are to fill your debit card details. Fill it and continue.
10. Next thing to do is to enter your card number, expiry date and the last three digits at the back of your debit card (CVV).
11. A message would have been sent to your mail, go to your email account and click on verify.
Yeah! Your account is ready and set up.
To test if truly it has been set up, you have to run a test by sending $10 to anyone or your PayPal account abroad (that is if you have one).
You get a debit alert in naira from your local bank.
But be rest assured, it will be credited back.
That is all about the first means on opening a PayPal account through website.
It is time to take you through another means which is through using a wallet.
How does using wallet works?
Not difficult at all but as simple as the first one and most especially if you are a First Bank account user.
See the steps below;
1. Login into your internet banking account by using your password and token.
2. Select or choose the “PayPal wallet” in the main tab and then click on “create PayPal wallet” on the drop down menu.
3. Choose any cards you wish to link to your PayPal account and which one will be the default card. (Use one card for easy relations.
4. You will see a button on your online token, press and confirm.
5. Create your password (in a pop up window that will appear).
6. Click on “agree and create account”.
7. Message have been sent to your email account.
Go to your email account you use in registering with the bank, it will confirm that you have created a PayPal account.
How to verify a PayPal account in Nigeria?
After opening your PayPal account which is also known as the registration procedure, then check out how to verify the PayPal account in this simple ways;
1. Visit the official PayPal website
2. Log in to your profile
3. Add a new bank card or you confirm one
4. Link the card to your profile
5. Enter all card details and click save.
Note, after which you have done the following steps above, you will be charged 1.95 dollars ($2).
But after the verification process, your money will be refunded.
If you verify your profile successfully, your user status will be changed to verified and you can now enjoy the full benefit of using PayPal.
How to withdraw money using PayPal account?
To withdraw any amount on your PayPal account, simply follow the following procedure below;
1. Log into your PayPal by using your password and email address
2. Go to the withdrawal tab by specifying the amount you want
3. Select the withdrawal method by choosing the bank or cards which will be credited with the money
4. Initiate the process and PayPal will transfer the money to your account.
The question can I receive money using PayPal in Nigeria is, you can only send money, fund your account, shop online, and perform other things that do not involve receiving funds.
I know you have learned one or two things about opening and verifying a PayPal account in Nigeria.
If this article is helpful, kindly drop your feedback at the comment section below.
You can have a direct contact with me here